10 Things to Remember for a Successful Business Startup
There are a number of factors you must have in place to ensure a successful startup. These are:
- Legal Base: This includes such factors as your licenses, insurances and setting up your company.
- Your Market: You need to decide who you want to market your services to and where they will be.
- Your Services: You now need to decide what services you are going to offer to these people, how you would like to package them and what prices you wish to charge.
- Your Premises: Look around for your new premises, preferably in the middle of your potential market. Remember that central to your success is the position you choose for your business. Foot traffic past your door and many potential customers within a short journey from your new business is vital to you finding customers.
- Web Site: Most businesses have them now – so even if you don’t want to set one up now – at least buy and hold onto your domain name – in case someone else gets hold of it.
- Your Business Plan: Whether you are looking for funding or not – a business plan is the foundation of a new business.
- Your Funding: You should now take your business plan and look around for funding, starting with your Bank.
- Your Staff: Good staff that reflect your business ideals are vital so spend some time spend some time finding the best staff you can.
- Marketing: So important and so difficult to get right. Start with a good marketing strategy and go from there.
- Grand Opening: Make sure you make a splash and attract as much curiosity as possible.
© Copyright 2015 Biz Guru Ltd
Lee Lister writes as The Biz Guru, for a number of web sites where she provides advice and assistance for the business entrepreneur. She is a published author – her books Entrepreneur’s Apprentice and How Much Does It Cost To Start A Business? can be found on www.startmynewbusiness.com
With over 25 years management and business consultancy experience with businesses large and small as well as being a serial entrepreneur, she now helps others set up, develop and market their businesses. If you would like more help and assistance in setting up your new marketing strategy as well as some great marketing services then visit: www.MarketingGuerrillas.com